Monday, August 10, 2015

zoo

Hello friends, 

Today I'm asking the real, serious questions in life. What makes a zoo so fun to visit every time you go? Is it the animals, the food, or the exercise you get from walking around so much? It could be any of those depending on the person, but for me it's the animals. 
Some new friends of mine and their family invited us to visit the San Diego Zoo for the first time..and wow I was impressed.

Although zoo's can be fun, I would like to bring a different aspect to the table.
I couldn't help but feel absolutely terrible thinking about spending my life in a cage. I'm not saying zoo's torture their animals because sometimes they actually save them! A few animals in the zoo were the last of their kind in the wild and were being given comfort and care in captivity.
I also noticed a number of signs that would show the remaining population in the wild and in captivity. 
Without getting too complicated, I'm just trying to say that humanity's cruelness towards creatures lesser than themselves makes me sick. Some animals die in the wild from natural/unknown causes, but today we hear more and more about hunters and poachers killing them off.(example:Cecil the lion) 
THIS NEEDS TO STOP!
PLEASE do your research and find out what you can do to help raise awareness on this subject.
Thank you for reading my rant lol, have a fantastic day!

xoxo,
SBcouture


No comments:

Post a Comment